Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Dental Angel

I had to go to the dentist today, I am soooooooooooooooo scared of needles and blood. I have had four children by normal delivery and I would rather do that again than go see a dentist. But, the pain got too much after my filling fell out so my beautiful hubby made me an appointment to stop me moaning and waking him at night. I managed to hold out for three months but apparently, I've been very grumpy and I now have an ulcer from taking too much Nurofen.

Dr Sharpell, Portsmouth Road is amazing! The man is a dental genius. One root canal identified and refilled within 30 mins and we managed to put the NHS to rights. No pain, he is an angel!

I grew up in Scotland where my parents owned the local store. We had an awesome selection of sweeties, those ones in those big jars which lined one wall. This mixed with spending a very large part of my life to date North of the border has resulted in several fillings (some are due to having a rather violent conflict with a Roller Hockey ball but that's another story) . It didn't ever get any better because once you have that sweet taste (I like deep fried mars bars!) your stuck!

To date, with creme eggs getting smaller every year thereby necessitating the consumption of two or more in any one sitting I fear some radical intervention may be required in my latter years.

Why didn't God make us like crocodiles..................

1 comment:

Paul D-P said...

I'd rather be a shark. Rows and rows of teeth. As they get worn out the old ones fall out and a new one goes in its place.

Plus you get a rather impressive grin.