Friday, January 26, 2007

Pain

It's been a tough week! I'm on my knees. One too many things to do and not enough time to do them.

This week had the anniversary of one of our close friends dying. She was the same age as me, mum of three and God took her after a horrible eighteen months of treatment for lung cancer.

No matter what anyone says about her winning or finishing her race, being at peace, or having won her battle it still hurts like hell. I miss her and no matter how much I believe in God I'm still angry when I think of her because he took her away from us. We all prayed for healing and sat by her bedside for days bargaining and pleading, lots happened in our relationships and those of her family and with her and God but she still died. In human terms we have lost something so very precious and the multitude of emotions which accompany this I still cannot begin to understand or process.

No comments: